[TYPO3-english] Errors reading the *.xml.gz files in the new Extension Manager

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at os2voice.org
Mon Sep 5 14:33:43 CEST 2011

Am 05.09.2011 11:05, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having problems on some of my TYPO3 installations with the
> compressed XML files used by the EM. When I try to run the Scheduler
> task for updating the extensions list, I get the following error:
>
> Execution of task "Update Extension List (em)" failed with the following
> message: tx_em_Parser_MirrorXmlPullParser: Unable to open file ressource
> compress.zlib:///some/path/typo3temp/1.mirrors.xml.gz.
>
> The same error happens when accessing the "Settings" of the new EM.
>
> What is really puzzling is that the error seems to happen only as of
> very recent versions of TYPO3 4.5, although I couldn't find some
> relevant change. I haven't tried every minor version, but the problem
> does not happen with 4.5.2 and definitely does with 4.5.4 and 4.5.5.
>
> To make it even weirder, this error does not happen on every server. On
> some it works fine and not on others. I've tried looking for some
> obvious suspects, like the XML library being present, the
> "compress.zlib" socket being available, but everything seems ok in this
> regard.
>
> Does anyone have a clue where I could continue digging?

No clue but the following might still help:

I do see a problem in one installation that is probably related.
Updating the extension lists returns a success message:

"Extension list updated
The extension list has been updated and now contains 5222 extension
entries."

However, looking up extensions or using the "Check for extension
updates" feature fails and pressing the button to update the lists
results in the same message every time when there actually should be a
message that it hasn't been updated because it hasn't changed.