[TYPO3-english] Newbie - Some doubts

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Mon Sep 5 10:50:39 CEST 2011

> you know what from TYPO3?
> existence?
> your questions show very poor knowledge about TYPO3 and I got the
> feeling you want us to teach you TYPO3 in one day. As you can't learn a
> whole book in one day, you cant get the whole TYPO3 in one day.

No. Because I don't have knowledge about Typo3, I told I only played
with Typo3. I'm asking, for example, the right way to do templating
under Typo3. I'm not telling anybody to do my work, I'm asking for help
to know the right way to go, because there are several ways to do it. In
other CMSs (Drupal, Joomla, there are only a way to go, here no)

> this shows you have no knowldge about marker/subparts-concept, as you
> expect TYPO3 to replace single links inside your HTML.
> in TYPO3 a whole block with all included HTML will be build, as it is
> needed on a change of the page tree
>
> help needs to be accepted. You insist on using your descicion anyway
> other say to use another way.

I don't insist in anything, I ask doubts. I tried with TV, but I can't
get menus to take the CSS. Because I can't find the solution, later, I
tried to follow the tutorial for building with automaketemplate ext, a
good tutorial, but explains how to map a very simple and outdated html
template (today, sites is not builded under tables). If I follow this
tutorial, I can get it working and understand how works, but, this is
not enough to understand how to map a "today" template. I tried wec
package too and tried to understand how works, for this, I asked again.

Probably you are a experienced T3 admin/developer, and all this things
could be so easy, and newbies like me only disturb the list, but for me,
is a total change compared with how other CMSs works. The learning curve
is very high. Until now, my work wasn't "map the html", instead,
administrate the CMS I installed, and templates, was others works.

> want to learn about markers?
> try the master-template:
> http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html
>
> as the full documentation is still only available for 1.0.0 start with
> this version.
> You will end up (1-2 hours later) with a full functioning website
> WITHOUT your styling.
> But you should be able to attach it or use your own HTML-template with
> your own CSS.

Thanks a lot for your time, I will check it later.