[TYPO3-english] Few questiuons about dam + dam_frontend

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Sat Sep 3 23:55:37 CEST 2011

Hi, List.

I need to make a categorized downloads for FE user. Searching among TER
extensions, I found, that best option is combination of dam and dam_frontend
extensions.
I implemented them, but still have a couple of questions:
1. I have categories with 2 levels of subcategories, every file is assigned
to some subcategory. Is it possible to make such a behavior: if file belongs
to child category it automatically becomes a member of a parent category? Or
both categories should be assigned: parent and child at same time?
2. dam_frontend contains an option "useTreeAndSelection", which makes AND
statement for selected categories at the tree at FE, but setting this option
still makes OR for selection. Maybe, I missed some other setting?
3. dam generates thumbnails for PDF files at BE. Is it possible to display
these thumbnails at FE with dam_frontend?

Hope, someone can point me out on these questions, since I'm stuck here.
Thank you in advance.