[TYPO3-english] Using saltedpassword/sr_feuser_register correctly

Oliver Salzburg kinggencha at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:27:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use salted password hashes for the FE users on a site I'm
working on. So I installed the extensions saltedpasswords and
srfeuserregister_t3secsaltedpw (sr_feuser_register is insalled as well
or course).
In the configuration of saltedpasswords I enabled salted password for
FE users and it tells me it is configured correctly and works as
expected. So far so good.

No I go to the site and register a new user account and promptly get a
new row in fe_users, showing the plain text password. Now I open my
confirmation mail, follow the link and put in my password on the
confirmation page. Now I log into my newly created account and the
password in fe_user is finally hashed. I assume this change is due to
the FE.updatePasswd setting of saltedpasswords.

Now when I change my password in the frontend, it will be stored in
plain-text again.

What am I missing?