[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Mobile Content Elements

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 1 12:37:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 1-9-2011 10:15, Andreas Becker wrote:
> Is there a way to define the size of specific content elements for the
> normal website 1000px and with another size for a mobile website with 320px
> width?
>
> Right now we managed to get all elements nicely floating and non fixed sized
> images resized for a mobile Template but i.e. YouTube Videos and some Jquery
> extensions have fixed width. Is it possible to check if the user agent in a
> browser 1000px or a mobile browser 320px width and those content elements
> get resized accordingly.

With the enormous variation in screen sizes, devices and agents it can
be a solution to provide a selection of sizes in your designs. For all
intermediate sizes you can decide to keep the design with a fixed size
or use a liquid design which scales nicely.

This can be done with CSS media queries and a nice fall back for older
browsers which do not support this.

A good example of this approach are the Less framework [1] (fixed grid)
and Golden Grid System [2] (fluid grid).

An extra advantage is that you can easily test with a recent browser by
resizing the window.

[1] http://lessframework.com/
[2] http://goldengridsystem.com/

--