[TYPO3-english] More Suggestions Wanted: What Extensions of Mine Need Updating and Why?

Michael Cannon michael at typo3vagabond.com
Mon Oct 31 09:53:56 CET 2011

Now that I'm getting back into active TYPO3 development, I've got the drive
to update some of my published TYPO3 extensions. Before doing updates
blindly and not solving problems, I'd like to know which extensions are
those that you use, would like updated and have suggestions for.

Please comment below<http://typo3vagabond.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=13466&action=edit&message=1#respond>
with
your recommendations.

Requests for cbrealurl are kept to its own
article<http://typo3vagabond.com/13459/typo3/suggestions-wanted-how-should-i-revise-cbrealurl/>
.
And now... The TYPO3 Vagabond's Extensions

   - affiliate_tracker<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/affiliate_tracker/current/>
- An
   affiliate tracking system.
   - aqnewsmeta<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/aqnewsmeta/current/>
-
   Updates the newsSubheader register if no teaser is available. I've
   personally replaced with seo_basics and TypoScript.
   - cbperformance<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cbperformance/current/>
- A
   compilation of various TYPO3 performance enhancements via TypoScript,
   TSConfig and SQL indexes.
   - cbstarter<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cbstarter/current/>
-
   Quickly and easily adjust TYPO3 default settings to something more friendly
   for enterprise- and large-scale websites.
   - comments_gravatar<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/comments_gravatar/current/>
- Add
   Gravatar icons to comment records.
   - difference_viewer<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/difference_viewer/current/>
-
   Front-end difference viewer for BE log data. Used with log_analyzer.
   - jm_quote<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/jm_quote/current/>
- Displays
   a random quote from a database.
   - job_bank<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/job_bank/current/>
- Job
   listings for organizations.
   - job_bank_resume_mgr<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/job_bank_resume_mgr/current/>
-
   Resume handler for front-end user.
   - job_bank_search<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/job_bank_search/current/>
-
   Job listing search.
   - log_analyzer<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/log_analyzer/current/>
- TYPO3
   BE log analyzer. Includes emailing of results via cron. Great for summary
   views of what teams are doing in TYPO3.
   - member_access<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/member_access/current/>
- Functions
   for granting access to content with access lists via usergroups.
   - member_expiry<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/member_expiry/current/>
-
   Expire and downgrade front-end user's usergroup membership with email
   notifications.
   - news_default_image<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_default_image/current/>
- Use
   category image as default news image if no news image.
   - news_event_register<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_event_register/current/>
- Allow
   registration for a news event. Cron controlled email reminders for event,
   access information and follow up. Survey questions can be asked during
   registration.
   - news_filelink_alt<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_filelink_alt/current/>
- Pretty
   print file name link. Icons to text. Alternate text of file link name.
   - news_lead<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_lead/current/>
- Generate
   a sales lead sent to news related sponsor.
   - news_related<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_related/current/>
- Display
   titles of related news articles based upon category of originating news
   item.
   - news_search<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_search/current/>
   based on tt_news.
   - news_sponsor<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_sponsor/current/>
- Add
   sponsor or consultancy relationships to news items.
   - news_userinfo<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news_userinfo/current/>
- Add
   user template markers to news content to be parsed for a "personalized"
   edition.
   - security_question<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/security_question/current/>
-
   Add security questions to supplement password retrieval.
   - typo3_button<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/typo3_button/current/>
- Choose
   from several buttons to display an affiliation with TYPO3.

As I know that difference_viewer and log_analyzer are in current use and
development, I would like feedback on how to improve those extensions.

For the other extensions, there's great functionality that needs
documentation and I would like to know which you think should be given that
attention.

Finally, for extensions that don't get any "love", I'll be marking them as
obsolete.
To keep comments centralized, please respond at
http://typo3vagabond.com/13466/typo3/more-suggestions-wanted-what-extensions-need-updating-and-why/#respond

Thank you!

Michael
--