[TYPO3-english] Question basic, I'm learning typo3

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Fri Oct 28 07:57:36 CEST 2011

Am 28.10.2011 04:44, schrieb Juan barreto:
> Hello,
> Thank you for help me.
> I'm learning typo3 and I need to create a frontend layout with 4 columns.
> Someone tells me to install or read or modified to have 4 columns.

> User: admin
> Pass: 123456
>
> Gracias

Hi Juan,

First off: better change the password for admin right away... and never
give it away anymore. It would be easy to hijack your page and do things
you never dreamed of with it...

Second: I'll never understand why people think having multicolumn
layouts is difficult. Just write an html-Template as usual, say

id="col4" class="columns"></div>

and set

.columns {
   display:inline;
}

in your style sheet. The four div-elements inside the container should
be displayed as columns now. You can style (width, background, just
whatever you want) them by addressing them using the id's just as usual.
Load the html via the extension automaketemplate - and that's it. You
don't even have to bother with markers etc.

HTH
Peter

--

http://www.function2form.net
http://www.peter-kuehnlein.net

"When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be
  very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not
  do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way."

(Hagakure)