[TYPO3-english] RealURL and forms

Sergey Alexandrov serg at alexandrov.us
Mon Oct 24 17:23:50 CEST 2011

Hi Dmitry

Please, see my notes below

On 10/24/2011 3:48 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Sergey Alexandrov wrote:
>> 1. Without RealURL form's main stuff:
>>
>> form action="index.php?id=1147" onSubmit="return
>> validateForm('mailform','','','','')"
>> input type="hidden" name="locationData" value="1146:tt_content:72"
>>
>> correctly submits data to class.t3lib_formmail.php, then redirect to
>> id=1147 ('Thank you' page)
>
> What do you mean by "correctly"?

I meant form data posted to formmail, formmail sends a mail, and then
redirects to the 'Thank you' page

>> 2. Enabled RealURL (default autoconfig, added 'fileName' option only,
>> but the same w/o it), Cleared cache, reloaded form:
>>
>> form action="payform/thank-you.html" onSubmit="return
>> validateForm('mailform','','','','')"
>> input type="hidden" name="locationData" value="1146:tt_content:72"
>>
>> page http://domain.tld/payform/thank-you.html directly accessible, no
>> problem
>>
>> After form submit visitor redirected directly to the
>> payform/thank-you.html page, not sending form data to
>> class.t3lib_formmail.php first
>
> How do you know that? What does FireBug show about POST data?

I know a couple of magic words like: var_dump($something);die;
It's just never "died", it goes straight to the 'Thank you' pageNothing
unusual.

>> 5. Tried combinations:
>> config.baseURL=http://domain.tld/
>>
>> and
>> config.absRefPrefix = /
>> config.baseURL=http://domain.tld
>> config.prefixLocalAnchors = all
>>

> Use only one:
> config.absRefPrefix = /
>
> Remove the rest. It is not needed.

Well, it maybe a bug in quick_shop, but it generates wrong links if I
remove config.baseURL (haven't look into this yet), but it does work
with single
config.baseURL=http://domain.tld/

> Usually there are no problems with RealURL and forms. I never used
> t3lob_mailform. It is not very flexible, so I prefer to make forms as
> extensions. Cannot help more with this :(

I've never used t3lob_mailform either. I use standard mailform, part of
the TYPO core, I believe. I don't need flexibility with 'Contact Us'
form with just 3 fields :)
Anyway, thank you!
> If you find a solution, please, post it here.

Yes, will do. I feel I'm close ... and it's not connected to code, I
believe, it's apache/php config

Sergey