[TYPO3-english] Delete cache of rootline on change

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Tue Oct 11 11:04:23 CEST 2011

Hi there

The problem I describe now is a really obvious one in my opinion, but I
don't find a way I could do that with core functions:

The following structure is one site within a multidomain installation:

Rootpage
- Page A
- Page B
-- Subpage A
-- Subpage B
-- ...
- Page C

On the "Rootpage" I have a content element that is inherited by Typoscript:

styles.content.getRight.slide = -1

Whenever I change this content element, I would like to have the cache
of all subpages of "Rootpage" cleared.

According to the documentation the following commands are available:

# Clear the cache of all pages in the list
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = 12,23

# Clear the cache of all pages
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = pages

# Clear all cache
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = all

The first one won't work because I don't want to list all pages and
change configuration each time a page is added.

The second one would also flush the cache of all pages in the whole
installation.

Not to talk about the third one :-).

Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Thanks,

Lorenz