[TYPO3-english] Shop System under T3

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 08:43:09 CEST 2011

Hi!

Peter Kühnlein wrote:
> Just out of curiosity... which problems, Dmitry? I had some, but nothing
> worse than with, say, tt_news. In the end, I really appreciate how
> configurable tt_products is.

All kind of. Caching, for example. Code is a big mess – you never can be
sure if it works properly. Think of it like of an old car patched with lots
of 3rd party details in many years. You never can be sure when it breaks
and why.

I had to work with tt_products for a couple of times for various clients
and most of the time it was either a disaster, or a nightmare.

It is just too old to work with. Yes, it shows products, etc. But if you
are making a web site that should evolve over time, using tt_products is
not the best choice.

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member