[TYPO3-english] Clean up deleted pages and refresh uid count

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sun Oct 9 13:58:11 CEST 2011

Am 09.10.2011 13:44, schrieb Urs Bräm:
> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to safely remove
>
> - all deleted pages from pages
> - all deleted content elements from tt_content (I guess if you delete a
> page in the BE, its content elements are set to deleted as well?)

if you delete a record, those aree only flagged as deleted. so you can
always remove records with deleted=1 if you really don't need those any
more. the ext:recycler can do that for you.

> ... and start page uid auto incrementation again at the currently
> highest page uid is.

this can get you in real big troubles if there issomething wrong in your
script. besides: what is the reason for that? there is really no benefit
for something like that.

> What is the recommended way to do that (if there's any), maybe with the
> Extension cleaner?

recommended way: don't touch it!

georg