[TYPO3-english] Video conversion in TYPO3

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Mon Nov 28 17:06:20 CET 2011

Hi everyone.

I was planning to allow editors to upload videos to be integrated into a
webpage. As I have never done this before, I just figured out that the
Media CE of TYPO3 is only capable of displaying already converted videos
(if I did not miss something!?). But for editors it would be much nicer
just having to upload (almost) any video like they can do with images. So
the idea came to mind that it should not be too difficult to have maybe a
scheduler task and some tool like ffmpeg or mencoder to convert videos.
But before I start writing something from scratch, I'd like to ask how you
deal with this? Which tools do you use? Or is there an easier way for
editors to convert videos?

I'd very much appreciate any related comment.

Christian.