[TYPO3-english] Typogento?

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Fri Nov 25 12:27:15 CET 2011

Il 25/11/2011 12:14, Jigal van Hemert ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On 25-11-2011 11:53, Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>> because we put a lot of effort (paid by ourself) in this product.
>
> This is the case for most of the TYPO3 core and for most extensions in
> TER.
> The basic idea is that you can use things for free which others built
> and you let others use for free the stuff you built.
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!

Not exactly. You did not understand 'paid by ourserlf' meaning.

Most important extensions (and TYPO3 itself, if I don't remember wrong)
were made for companies which payed development and gave permission to
public those extensions as open source. But people forgets about paying
companies, and remembers only payed consultants (which were payed for
development and did not own the work).

I already payed my tribute to opensource, with qmail patch 'chkuser',
used freely on hundreds of thousands servers, more then the most of
contributors in whole TER.

Regards,

Tonino

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it