[TYPO3-english] loading extension list speed up

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Nov 23 13:48:46 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:10:20 +0100, Tomasz Krawczyk wrote:

> W dniu 2011-11-23 10:51, Bernd Wilke pisze:
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:57:44 +0100, Tomasz Krawczyk wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> Yesterday, I was downloading extension list on my development pc. For
>>> this operation I had to change max_execution_time to 15 min. Process
>>> took over 12 min. My pc is not a scrap jet. It's 3 years old machine
>>> with E8400 processor.
>>
>> I have never seen such times on retrieving ext-list. it always is done
>> in less than 1 minute execution time. what other possibilities for such
>> long time? too less memory and the OS is swapping all the time?
>> debugging?
>> accustic-modem connection?
>
> I have memory_limit = 256MB, I use eAccelerator and have over 1GB free
> memory but it is on Windows (WampServer).

1GB free. physical or virtual?
I know why I insist on 8GB physical memory in my computer: so there is no
problem doing eclipse, gimp, webserver and sometimes a virtual machine [¹]
at the same time.
every time the OS needs swapping, your computer will run in slow-motion.
Either you stop all other programs for the big task or it will take very
long time while all active programs rival for the physical memory and the
CPU is busy doing swaps for the OS.

>> look at your cache-tables: much more records. there are installations
>> where much more tt_content or fe_users records exists. 36000 is no
>> problem to mysql and 5MB transfer data should not be a problem today
>> (otherwise you would not be able to work remote in TYPO3 BE anyway)
>> how did you install TYPO3 (smallest package (blankpackage-4.5.8.tar.gz)
>> is 19MB)? 2 hours download?
>
> Downloading this file is quick but xml operations are slow. This is why
> I thought about amount of records. I don't know why. Maybe it is Windows
> related problem. Do you have any suggestions how could I speed up this
> xml operations?

I think you need an expert for windows-server (or php on windows?)
or a good virtual linux-server?

[¹] windows in virtualbox under ubuntu runs very smooth :-),
windows in 'Virtual Machine Manager' under fedora works like in a
honeypot :-(

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html