[TYPO3-english] file upload in FE

Alexander Dick alex at dick.at
Tue Nov 22 18:04:06 CET 2011

Hi,

POSTed files are accessible via $_FILES

Regards
Alex

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org
[mailto:typo3-english-bounces at lists.typo3.org] Im Auftrag von Leen Strijk
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. November 2011 17:03
An: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
Betreff: Re: [TYPO3-english] file upload in FE

To make things more clear.
I still writing the script. I am so far that the form i shown all correctly
with a templ file.
At this time I am looking at the check of all the input fields.(and show an
error if the input is bad or empty and so on.
At this time I can not get the value of from the file upload field to be
remembered.
Perhaps this value is never passed on to $globals['HTTP_POST_VARS'] But I
want the script to remember this value in case another field is not filled
in correctly. About now I am even doubting if it's even possible.

On 22-11-2011 15:28, Stephen Bungert wrote:
> Maybe it's the value attribute?
>
> I made a FE file upload system for private "downloads" extension and
> you can upload upto 5 files... my upload fields differe from yours in
> that I don't set the value attribute.
>

> "Stephen Bungert"<stephenbungert at yahoo.de>  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1321968009.31198.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
>> The inputs name is [data][photo] not ['data']['image']!
>>

>> "Leen Strijk"<leenstrijk at tomaatnet.nl>  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1321967779.30833.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> In my fe extension I want to upload a file.
>>> But after submitting the piVars['data']['image'] gets lost somehow.
>>> If I change the file upload into a normal text input it is showed again.
>>>
>>> source code in the browser:
>>> <input type="file"
>>> name="tx_myext_pi2[data][photo]"
>>> id="tx_myext_pi2[data][photo]"