[TYPO3-english] Disable delete buttons in button panel - not working in TYPO3 4.4 and up

Roel Krottje remobots at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:55:48 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to disable the delete options / functionality for specific user
groups and / or users,  by specifying the next line in the TS_CONFIG field
for this group/user:

options {
   disableDelete = 1
}

However, I cannot get it to work, not in TYPO3 versions 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6 ..
 Disabling delete-access in page level is easy using the Access options
within the pagetree of TYPO3, however, I would explicitly like to disable
the delete (trashbin-icon) option in the right window of TYPO3 (in LIST /
PAGE views)..

The next lines do work by the way, and disable the delete options in the
context menu (center windows of TYPO3):

options {
   contextMenu.pageTree.disableItems=delete
   contextMenu.pageList.disableItems=delete
}

But I can't seem to make disableDelete = 1 actually function  in TYPO3 4.4
and up.,.

How can I solve this issue? Does anyone have encountered this issue as wel??

Hoping for some answers / clues :)

Thanks!
Roel K.