[TYPO3-english] TMENU and page_languages_overlay

Gorosito Gonzalo xgonzalo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:45:02 CET 2011

Basically I'm generating a hierarchy of <ul><li>'s based in the pages
hierarchy of the site. For each <li> I'm apending a JavaScript event that
passes the pageId and the sys_language_id of the given pageId via
parameters to another module that I developed.

The problem is, since I'm using the module languagevisibility to
configure the content fallback (if the page is not available in the
currently selected language ID, then show the content in the default
website language), I may have pages in that hierarchy with different
languages, this is why I need to be able to get the sys_language_id for a
given pageId from typoscript and not the global language ID from the site.
So given the example:

1 = TMENU
1 {
  expAll = 1
  wrap = <ul>|</ul>
  NO.allWrap.cObject = COA
  NO.allWrap.cObject.wrap = <li>|</li>
  NO.allWrap.cObject {
    10 = HTML
    10.value = <div>|</div>
    20 = TEXT
    20.field = uid
    20.dataWrap = <span>{field:title} <input type="hidden"
value="{field:uid}-{field:sys_language_uid}" /></span>
  }
}

As you can see I'm trying to put in the checkbox value the pageId and the
corresponding languageId there, so I may have the following results:

<input type="hidden" value="130-1" />
<input type="hidden" value="131-1" />
<input type="hidden" value="132-3" />
<input type="hidden" value="133-1" />
<input type="hidden" value="134-3" />

Where the language ID 1 is the default site language and 3 is the current
language selected by the user.

#  Gonzalo Gorosito
#  Programador && sysadmin
#