[TYPO3-english] "current" property of stdWrap

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Mon Nov 21 01:44:02 CET 2011

Hi, list.

I've started re-reading of TS manuals - want to improve the way, I'm using
it :)
And I'm stuck with "current" value - I don't get, how can I use it? I found
this article [1] of Dmitry, that explains a meaning of this value and how to
manipulate it, but I still can't see an advantage of using it. And here are
my questions:

1. Why should I use "setContentToCurrent", if I can directly operate the
content without setting/getting it to/from "current" value.

2. "TS Syntax and In-depth study" document contains such code at the end of
one chapter [2]:
styles.content.bulletlist = TEXT
styles.content.bulletlist {
  current = 1
  trim = 1
  if.isTrue.current = 1
        # Copying the object "styles.content.parseFunc" to this position
  parseFunc < styles.content.parseFunc
  split {
    token.char = 10
    cObjNum = 1
    1.current < .cObjNum
    1.wrap = <li>
  }
    # Setting wrapping value:
  fontTag = <ol type="1"> | </ol>
  textStyle.altWrap = {$styles.content.bulletlist.altWrap}
}

I can understand, what it is doing, but I can't understand meaning of some
lines.
styles.content.bulletlist.current = 1 - where the "current" values was
filled from, so we can copy it to our current content? How can I know, that
in my, f.e. TEXT object, "current" value already contains something?
styles.content.bulletlist.split.1.current < .cObjNum - this line I can't
understand at all... copying "1" instead of normal assigning it?

3. Is the "current" value is shared among all objects or each object has
it's own "current" value?

Thank you in advance.

[1] http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/typo3-stdwrap-explained-part-1.html
[2]