[TYPO3-english] vge_tagcloud and SEO optimization

Martin Terber mail at martinterber.com
Wed Nov 16 10:38:00 CET 2011

François Suter wrote:

> In fact the "results" plugin (pi2) was always meant to be absolutely
> basic and fulfill one precise goal: display a list of pages (it works
> only for pages) that matches exactly the list where a given keyword was
> found when building up the tag cloud. Honestly I didn't find this
> feature very exciting, but it was wished for by the original client. I
> always thought I would rather plug tag cloud results into a search
> engine or something.

That is how I actually solved it - using indexed_search and realURL for the
results. Much better then pi2 because new results from tt_content are
included in the results without re-tagging. Resultpages were indexed by
Google after 2 days already. Thanks for the hint.

If anyone is interested, I can dig out my typoscript (and realURL) config
for that.