[TYPO3-english] Can't login to BE after Update from 4.4.0 to 4.5.7 - frontend broken rootline

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Nov 16 09:26:15 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:51:35 +0100, Christoph Stadler wrote:

> i realise it would be practical to work with symlinks but i cannot
> create them myself and it's a pain to always have to ask my hosting
> support for this.

just because you don't have shell access?
you can create symlinks from php like in [¹] or with a shell-/terminal-
extension inside of TYPO3-BE

[¹] http://pi-phi.de/expand.html?L=1
which is an easy way to update an installation (without shell-access)
if you use a modified version (no dummy-package needed for update!)

bernd