[TYPO3-english] Slow Queries From TT-News

Louis Coppola lcoppola at ga-institute.com
Tue Nov 15 15:49:34 CET 2011

Thank you all for your replies.  I do not have the capability to
modify the core and make a true relational database unfortunately, I
wouldn't want to change the core like that for fear of incompatibility
and upgrade failure later on.

Do you think I would have any improvement from upgrading and therefore
using the "FIND IN SET" vs "LIKE" query?

The other thing is, that none of the tt_news articles I am using have
any feusergroups set on the elements.  Is there a way that I could
remove that part of the query?  There really is no reason for it,
because like I said none of these are being marked with feusergoup
access etc.  If I could just cut that part of  the query off, it might
enable my queries to be indexed in MySQL.

This seems to be such a performance drain on typo3 sites, I would
think there must be some way of correcting this in the core without
disrupting other extensions.  Im sure an "adapter" type code could be
implemented to modify the old queries (with comma sep values and LIKE)
to fit the new structure (True mm relational) as they are passed
through the core.

I appreciate everyone's help, but unfortunately I dont think I am any
closer to fixing this issue.  The only options (besides if I can take
out that part of the query as asked above) is to either cache the
entire site, or modify the core itself.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
Louis Coppola