[TYPO3-english] Can't login to BE after Update from 4.4.0 to 4.5.7 - frontend broken rootline

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Tue Nov 15 14:51:35 CET 2011

i realise it would be practical to work with symlinks but i cannot
create them myself and it's a pain to always have to ask my hosting
support for this.

i reverted my install to the backup so it's back on 4.4.0. i also
disabled realurl and apache rewrite engine in the htaccess.

SO i'm wondering how to procede, this is from the typo3 org site:

      If the TYPO3 core is physically located directly inside the web root:

  * Unlink the folders

 1.
      * typo3/
      * media/
      * tslib/
      * t3lib/
      * and the files showpic.php and index.php

 2. Copy the extracted contents of the new source code into the same
    location where you've just deleted the old source code.

I'm not sure what 'unlink the folders' means ?