[TYPO3-english] 4.6 upgrading errors

Dayle Rees dre at llgc.org.uk
Tue Nov 15 13:03:32 CET 2011

On 15/11/11 11:41, Christian Platt wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> what will the depreciation log tell me about 4.6?
>
> Liebe Grüße
> Christian
>
> Am 14.11.2011 um 23:15 schrieb Steffen Gebert:
>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> thanks for your reports.
>>
>>> I recently upgraded to 4.6 and am experiencing two errors that I cannot seem to resolve:
>>>
>>> 1) My tt_news items no longer show up. When I go to the page where they used to be, it does not render any tt_news items. I looked at the page configuration and nothing seems out of place there.
>> Did you update to the most recent tt_news version? I read that an update is needed, but don't know exactly, what the incompatibility was.
>>
>>> 2) I'm getting the following error:
>>> Fatal error: Call to undefined method t3lib_div::GPvar() /my/path/to/typo3conf/ext/rggooglemap/pi1/class.tx_rggooglemap_pi1.php on line 1022
>> Does this mean this extension is unusable at this point?
>> Exactly. You could ask Georg to update his extension. It shouldn't be a big problem..
>>
>> General advice: Check your deprecation log before upgrading to 4.6!
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Steffen
>>
>> --
>> Steffen Gebert
>> TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member
>> TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member
>>
>> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
>> Get involved: http://typo3.org
Adding :

# tt_news for 4.6
tt_content.list.20.9=CASE
tt_content.list.20.9 {
     key.field = layout
     0 = < plugin.tt_news
}

to my template fixed the tt_news items not showing for me. Mine are
having trouble rendering utf8 chars now though. Getting there!

To fix the fatal errors associated with GPvar(), replace all calls to
the static method with _GP() instead, accepting the same parameters, the
name of the method has been changed in 4.6. Had to update a fair few of
our custom extensions with this.

Dayle.

--
Dayle Rees BSc(Hons) MCP.
Rhaglennydd Datblygu'r We           Web Applications Developer

Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru        National Library of Wales
dayle.rees at llgc.org.uk

Un o lyfrgelloedd mawr y byd        One of the great libraries of the world
http://www.llgc.org.uk/