[TYPO3-english] cache_pages.ibd

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:34:07 CET 2011

Hi!

Katja Lampela wrote:
> I have this one site, where the cache_pages.ibd grows enourmous
> (gigabits) in very short time.
>
> My guess is that there is something wrong with some extension cache
> configuration.

"ibd" is innodb data file. InnoDB work so that it never reuses the space.
When record is deleted, the space remains unoccupied in the file. When the
new record is added, it is added to the end of the file.

You can rebuild the file by executing the following command:

ANALYZE TABLE cache_pages;

That would rebuild the table into a new file. If that does not help (it
does not, sometimes), you can also do:

ALTER TABLE cache_pages ENGINE=MyISAM;
ALTER TABLE cache_pages ENGINE=InnoDB;

You can add that as a cron job and run at night.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.