[TYPO3-english] constants.txt versus ext_typoscript_constants.txt

Leen Strijk leenstrijk at tomaatnet.nl
Fri Nov 11 15:56:13 CET 2011

Hi Peter,

So far understood.
So it's the ext_typoscript_constants file that is deprecated.
I was under the impression that it was also the other way that was not
preferred anymore, what makes no sence at all, and kind of implied that
only flexforms were to be used.

So I have included the file with :
t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'pi1/static','my_extension');
I can see the keys and values in the BE constants, but in the script no
data will be available. it should be with $this->conf but only the setup
data apears while debugging.

I have been searching for a long time now and i am really stuck.
Whatever i try I can't get the values from either file

btw I am on a local server(offcource) typo3 5.7