[TYPO3-english] Typo3 and ImageMagick 6.6.0-4

J. Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Fri May 27 11:47:59 CEST 2011

Hello all,

not a question but hopefully a solution for those who are looking. It
seems my provider had silently upgraded ImageMagick to v. 6.6.0-4 (I
had an earlier version of 6 before), and suddenly my photo galleries
with rgsmoothgallery showed only coloured boxes when watermarked with
a logo.

It looks like with this version you have to set

[GFX][im_imvMaskState] = 1
[GFX][im_negate_mask] = 0

whereas with the previous version it was the other way around. Also,
there are always small problems with GIF generation on my shared
hosted server so I have set everything to png:

[GFX][thumbnails_png] = 1
[GFX][gdlib_png] = 1
[GFX][png_truecolor] = 1
(somehow this setting generates much smaller png files).

I hope this helps users who might have the similar problems.

Cheers,
J. Schaller