[TYPO3-english] Comments extension

Menno Schreuder menno at redmatters.com
Wed May 25 16:35:41 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting the 'Comments' extension to show comments based on a record-uid. The documentation states this is possible. We use an extension that shows residential property (a house or building) based on a 'resid'.
Maybe I just do not understand how it is supposed to work, but I keep having problems to show a comment on the right page.

When I write a comment on a detailpage of a building, it shows on all detailviews, ignoring the resid-value. When I check the field-values of a comment in the database, the external_ref value has a default value 'pages_' followed by the ID of the detailpage.

Basically it comes down to this:

  *   Extension can be installed succesfully. No problems here.
  *   I can add the plugin to a page (ie detailview for houses) but it will show all comments on all detailpages, ignoring the resid.
  *   The plugin has to be set to 'pages' to show the plugin in the front, otherwise it will not show at all (can't be empty and it can't be something else – exception described in next line).
  *   The extension uses the table 'houses' (just that, no prefix/suffix). Setting the plugin's value for Triggering prefix to 'tx_extname_pi1' and prefixToTableMap.tx_extname_pi1 = houses will result in an error "NO entry in the $TCA-array for the table "houses". This means that the function enableFields() is called with an invalid table name as argument."
  *   For every new record (=comment) in the database, values for fields 'external_ref' and 'external_prefix' will always be 'pages_25' and 'pages', despite of the TS-settings.

My config:
Setup
plugin.tx_comments_pi1.showUidMap.tx_extname_pi1 = resid
plugin.tx_comments_pi1.prefixToTableMap.tx_extname_pi1 = houses (or this is disabled)

Constants
plugin.tx_comments_pi1.externalPrefix = resid

URL on a detailpage – http://domain.net/index.php?id=25&tx_extname_pi1[resid]=106

I hope it makes any sense to anyone. If not or if some information is missing, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Menno-Paul Schreuder