[TYPO3-english] Language Detection, rlmp_language_detection

Jacob Schmidt list at rootmedia.dk
Wed May 25 11:10:48 CEST 2011

Hi Boris,

On 24-05-2011 18:02, Boris Gulay wrote:
> 23.05.2011 18:45, Jacob Schmidt пишет:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does any one knows if it is possible to configure the
>> extension,rlmp_language_detection, so it redirects to English(en) if
>> language of the browser is not Danish(dk), or the IP is not in Denmark?
>>
>> My defalut site language, L=0, is Danish and second, L=1, is English.
> As it seems to me your configuration is not optimal: if you want only
> Danish users to see your site localized and all others in English, you
> should make English your default language.

Well it crossed my mind, but I have never tried to change the language
settings for a TYPO3 site that is up and running, redefining the default
language that is.

Had my client specified from the start that this was a feature they
wanted, I would have chosen English as default language, I guess.

>> As I read the manual, I would have to configure a lot of
>> "languageAliases" to achieve this?
> You should do something like that:
> languageAliases.en = ru,ua,by,kz...

Would be nice to be able to define the language that the extension
should use as fallback(default), instead of the extension using L=0 or
defining languageAliases.en for "rest of the world".

I am using the solution that Urs suggested to me, though it is not as
solid as what rlmp_language_detection provides, but will work for now.

Thanks for the input.

Best regards
/Jacob