[TYPO3-english] realurl - fixedPostVars "optional" - news list and single on same page - check your setup

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Tue May 24 14:46:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

i updated realurl today to 1.11.1 and stumbled up on cHash errors on my
tt_news list view. List and single view are on the same page, view is
switched depending on availability of tt_news param.

The detail page is working just fine, but the list view now also wanted
a tt_news param for the chash.
I dug through the decoding functions and found an "optional" setting for
fixedPostVars which seem to fix my issue, but that setting is only
mentioned in the Changelog as
new experimental "optional" directive

So my setup now looks like this:
'fixedPostVars' => array(
   '8' => array(
     array(
       'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[tt_news]',
       'optional' => TRUE,
       'lookUpTable' => array(
         'table' => 'tt_news',

Is that setting supposed to fix the issues with multiple fixedPostVars?
I remember some entries in the BT because of removed segments, but i
would rather consider list / single views on the same page to be the
"usual usecase" for fixedPostVars.

If optional is not set, wouldn't it make sense to store the generated
cHashes for these pages including the fixed param (though it is empty)?
This would of course mean to regenerate every cHash before saving in
realurl.

Regards,
Andreas