[TYPO3-english] Extension manager and a few other modules blank in 4.6-dev

Søren Madsen sma at science.au.dk
Thu May 19 15:02:08 CEST 2011

On 19/05/2011, at 14.44, Steffen Gebert wrote:

>> So should I remove that extension? Or how do I handle that part?
> You have to, if you want to work with 4.6dev

I do :)

>> I tried to remove everything concerning be_acl from localconf.php, but that hasn't helped.
> Remove the cache files typo3conf/temp_CACHED*, too

Okay - be_acl removed (completely this time), cache files removed and that at least gave me access to the Access module again.

But still no Extension Manager and Report module. Is there anyway to revert to the old Extension Manager? Any other ideas?

> You should get in touch with the author ASAP to provide an updated version, as the extension will not be compatible with 4.6.
> Of course, you can/could identify the problems yourself and replace the calls to the deprecated functions.

Sadly I still don't have the developer skills to fix things like these - my skill set is limited to integration and configuration. We're not using be_acl anymore in our production - it was residue from an earlier installation type we had, so I'm not too worried about that.

> Kind regards
> Steffen

Thanks for the help, Steffen - much appreciated.

Kind regards
Søren Madsen