[TYPO3-english] page cache and tt_news

janus76 janus76uk at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:45:04 CEST 2011

Hi Björn,

As far as I can tell, there shouldn't be any additional parameters causing
this. The site is mainly static pages with a news system. There are no
additional languages, no FE users and I have set the configuration in
tt_news to dontUseBackPid = 1 to stop additional parameters being sent in
the back link. I am using realURL for URL generation, could this have
something to do with it??

I cleared the cache just after my message this morning (11:54) its now 15:42
and there are already 2500 entries. usually overnight (after google crawls
the site) it can go up to >30,000!!

Any more advice you could give would be most appreciated.

All the best

Matt