[TYPO3-english] page cache and tt_news

janus76 janus76uk at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:54:50 CEST 2011

This problem has me tearing my hair out as I cannot figure out what is
causing it.

First of all I am running Typo3 4.5.2, with the latest version of tt_news
and using the standard page cache, NOT the caching framework.(I have tried
the framework but the problem persists)

My Site has about 300 hundred pages with about 200 news articles and after a
single 24 period my page cache is 2.4 GB!!!!!!!

I have looked through the cache and it appears that there is at least 6
copies of each page and hundreds of copies of pages with the tt_news single
plug-in on.

I am using the cache settings taken from the Typo3 Intro package
page.config
	// Cache settings
    	#cache_period		= 43200
	sendCacheHeaders	= 1
	cache_clearAtMidnight   = 1

but no matter what i do, the cache remains HUGE!!!

Is there a way that it can be cleared automatically? cron job? scheduler? Is
there anyway to get this reduced to a more manageable size!!  This has been
going on for ages now and I'm at my wits' end trying to figure this out.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Matt