[TYPO3-english] Clearing cache_extentions in typo3 DB

Bing van Moorsel | Idar Creative bing at idar.nl
Wed May 18 08:58:08 CEST 2011

Op 18-5-2011 0:33, Christian Kuhn schreef:
> On 05/17/2011 03:40 PM, Bing van Moorsel | Idar Creative wrote:
>> Our question:
>> Is there an easy way to clear this table? i did some googling but still
>> couldn't find out the best way to deal with this cache?
>
> Why should one want to clear cache_extensions manually?
> - This table is a 'cache' table for TER extension list, it is only used
> in the extension manager and not on a regular basis in FE or BE access.
> - It just holds a list of all extensions and extension versions in TER
> and it is read and updated by 'update extension list from TER' in
> extension manager.
> - It currently takes <= 10MB of space, this in no problem for your
> hosting, is it? It is seldom used, so it also shouldn't be a problem for
> mysql caches and so on.
> - There is no need to clear this table, its content is transparently
> taken care of by the em.
>
> All in all there is imho no point in an option/functionality to clear
> this table. Did I missed something?
>
> Regards
> Christian

Hallo,

Its not about the space.

Its more about a clean backup with NO cache. I personly dont like cache
in my backups. You can clear all the cache in the database except for
this table?

Its not that its a big isseu. Its just neater to have only the neccecary
data in your db when backin up.

Bing van Moorsel