[TYPO3-english] RTE adds empty paragraphs in FCE

Birger Fühne fuehne at monsun-media.com
Mon May 16 12:35:15 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I am encountering a strange (for me at least) behaviour using the RTE
inside a FCE.

I have a simpe content element - just a div with a rich text editor
mapped to it. If I enter a headline in the FCE and some text after it,
the output in the FE shows an added empty paragraph before the headline
and after the text:

<h1>some headline</h1>

This does not happen in regular text elements, only in FCE's.

I'm struggling for some time to get rid of this behaviour, without
success. Any advice?

Best,
Birger