[TYPO3-english] Hi Everyone + first issue

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Fri May 13 22:30:43 CEST 2011

Hi Erick,

welcome to the TYPO3 community!

> 1- I've got Typo3 installed inside a WAMP server. From inside my home I can
> preview the Typo3 test site (front and back end) no problems. When I try to
> view this site from outside my home (at the office) I can only see the back
> end properly. The front end loads up alright but without any skin! Just like
> if there was no CSS information at all from outside.
You have to change the baseURL (in the Template Constants or Setup), as
the URL, under which you installed TYPO3 (from your LAN) is probably not
reachable from outside world.
So if you have a look at the source code you will find this:
 > <base href="http://localhost/" />

> Also when I click links inside the template from outside it goes back to
> "localhost" even though I typed in my DDNS to get to the start page. Where
> can I find the setting in Typo3 to change my root address to my DDNS instead
> of localhost?
Exactly the same cause. If a base URL is configured, every resource and
link is prefixed by this url.

IIRC

Kind regards
Steffen