[TYPO3-english] CSS Styled content - could it be simplified?

Riccardo De Contardi riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Thu May 12 16:44:07 CEST 2011

Hi Ernesto, and Thank you for your answer.

> If you can do it, go ahead. All inline styles are there for a reason,
> most is explained here:

I¹ve seen that most of the inline widths are set because of the caption¹s
sake; still, I think that some of them can be avoided ;)

See for example the following links:
http://pmob.co.uk/pob/centred-float.htm
(avoid the sum of widhts in ³Above, center² and ³Below, center²)

and

http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/css-overflow-property-quick-tip/
(avoid the <div style=²margin-left:XXXpx;²> in ³Beside text, left² and
³Beside text, right²)

Also this could be interesting:
http://blog.mozilla.com/webdev/2009/02/20/cross-browser-inline-block/

> If you have some good results, please don't hesitate to share.
Is it possible to attach files to the messages sent to this group? (Maybe a
silly question, but never done before)

Thanks again and best regards!

Riccardo De Contardi ­ Web Developer
B Human Srl - www.bhuman.it <http://www.bhuman.it>
Via Canzio, 15 - 20131 Milano
TEL +39-02-20.23.271 - FAX +39-02-20.240.561

Chi riceve il presente messaggio e' tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non gli sia pervenuto per errore. In tal caso e' pregato di avvisare immediatamente il mittente e, tenuto conto delle responsabilita connesse all'indebito utilizzo e/o divulgazione del messaggio e/o delle informazioni in esso contenute, voglia cancellare l'originale e distruggere le varie copie o stampe.

The receiver of this message is required to check if he/she has received it erroneously. If so, the receiver is requested to immediately inform the sender and - in consideration of the responsibilities arising from undue use and/or disclosure of the message and/or the information contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout thereof.