[TYPO3-english] Properly detecting mobile devices with TYPO3 4.5?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed May 11 15:39:54 CEST 2011

Hi all,

In the latest versions of TYPO3 there was quite a revamp of the client
detection functions (t3lib_utility_Client) but I'm still puzzled as how
to properly detect mobile devices. I can see that if I use the
"all_systems" property returned by
t3lib_utility_Client::getBrowserInfo() I can check for Android and iOs.
That will obviously cover a vast majority of the mobile devices/smart
phones on the market. But there are others. Is there any way to detect
them using strictly the TYPO3 Core or is it still necessary to rely on
third-party detection libraries?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter