[TYPO3-english] Timeout in AJAX calls

Johannes Fuchs j.fuchs at edugroup.at
Wed May 11 12:18:54 CEST 2011

hi,

we had a similar problem. we upgraded a t3 4.3 to 4.5.2 and are running into timeouts of ajax.php when i try to copy a "large object" such as a newsfolder with more than hundred entries and pics.
after 30 seconds the ajax.php post will be aborted (found with firebug) and restarts the request which results in a second copy. after a minute i get the message "connection problem", then both ajax requests are aborted. the database server is remote and files (uploads, fileadmin) are on a NFS server. tcpdump on serverside shows >5000 mysql pakets and >50000 nfs pakets for copying 170 news-entries. when i run all on one webserver (with local data and local db) the same copy process in the pagetree ist done with success in 15 seconds. all servers are VMs on citrix xenserver 5.6.1 with 64bit scientific linux 6 or centos 5 (both distris tested).

has anyone similar problems and how to solve? i tried different scenarios (webserver switched, database my5.5 and my5.1, nfs server changed, different t3 version 4.6dev, reduced t3 extensions,...), the problem appears with the new t3 4.5 ajax pagetree, older t3 versions (4.3 and 4.4) are working.

regards,
hannes

________________________________

Education Group GmbH
Ing. Johannes Fuchs
Technik

Hafenstr. 47-51
4020 Linz
T + 43 732 788078
F + 43 732 788078 88
j.fuchs at edugroup.at<mailto:j.fuchs at edugroup.at>
www.edugroup.at <http://www.edugroup.at>

Education Group GmbH / Hafenstr. 47-51 / 4020 Linz /
UID Nummer: ATU5113209 / FN202189m / Firmenbuchgericht: Linz