[TYPO3-english] install tool 452 fails silently after login

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon May 9 13:31:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I can confirm that this is due to being safe_mode enabled. (For a cms that
> targets at the larger enterprises I think it is a ffff* disgrace that the
> installer is not compatible with en option like safe_mode, even when
> safe_mode is deprecated!!!)

AFAIR there's a pretty big warning when you have safe_mode on, meaning
if you choose not to take care of this information, you can hardly blame
TYPO3 for not being able to work.

Of course if the installer fails before showing you this warning, then
it should be fixed.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6