[TYPO3-english] install tool 452 fails silently after login

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Mon May 9 13:06:20 CEST 2011

Hi Ronald,

RoVe wrote:

> I can confirm that this is due to being safe_mode enabled. (For a cms that
> targets at the larger enterprises I think it is a ffff* disgrace that the
> installer is not compatible with en option like safe_mode, even when
> safe_mode is deprecated!!!)
An enterprise does not have safe mode enabled (or they are plainly stupid).
So if you have safe mode on, you are most likely on cheap shared hosting.
This is not the target of TYPO3.

> Added &password-xyz to the url by passes the problem but only to a certain
> extend. Updating the database f.i. does not work with this trick.
>
> This is really a show-stopper that makes me reluctant to advise typo3 to
> my customers......
If you advise them to run anything on safe mode, they should try to get a
better consultant.

Have a look here why safe mode is harmful:
http://www.breakingpointsystems.com/community/blog/php-safe-mode-considered-
harmful/?printerFriendly

Best regards
--