[TYPO3-english] PayPal IPN works in 4.3 but does not work in 4.5?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 5 20:46:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 5-5-2011 18:52, Scotty C wrote:
> Now for the weird part: In v. 4.3, the process worked just fine. I upgraded to
> 4.5.2 LTS and PayPal is reporting  a 403 error accessing the
> www.10minutewebsite.ca/?paypal_ipn_verify page.

403 is access denied, so something has decided that paypal shouldn't
access this page.

> I can reference the page directly in a browser. I checked with my server host
> people and they say that there's nothing wrong with the server/firewall causing
> this block - they insist it's due to 4.5.2. Additionally, they gave me this
> message in 'typo3conf/deprecation_6e7b3daa61.log' file during the ipn verify
> process.

Deprecation only means that the function should not be used anymore. The
message says that this function is deprecated since 4.5, so it will be
removed in 4.7. Until then it will work.

> 05-05-11 02:49:
> t3lib_div::view_array() - since TYPO3 4.5 -
> Use t3lib_utility_Debug::viewArray instead - require#84
> // t3lib_div::makeInstance#213
> // ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs#5275
> // tslib_fe->tslib_fe#
> // t3lib_div::callUserFunction#461
> // call_user_func_array#5134
> // tx_timtabbadbehavior_bb->bbStart#
timtabbadbehaviour is used in this call and...
> // bb2_start#46
> // bb2_test#161
> // bb2_banned#112
decided that the caller is banned...
> // bb2_log_denial#83
and logged this event

Better check the timtabbadbehaviour logs to see what it says about the
paypal call. Maybe you can white list paypal somewhere in this extension?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.