[TYPO3-english] Very huge realurl Table

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:37:27 CEST 2011

Hi!

Riccardo De Contardi wrote:
> In one of my TYPO3 Installations (V. 4.3.9, realurl 1.9.3)  had occurred the
> following problem: the table tx_realurl_urlencodecache has grown enormously
> (6.6 Millions rows (!))
>
> I suspect the action of some kind of malicious robot...

It would mean that the robot can make your site generate URLs with
parameters it passes to your web site. Encode cache stores only URLs your
site asked to encode. In case of robot decoding cache is more likely to be fat.

Do'nt you use a very old "cal" extension version? That was known for
generating thousands of links in RealURL caches.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org