[TYPO3-english] devlog on production system

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Mar 31 16:27:24 CEST 2011

Hi Georg,

> Also the problematic extension on our
> website is writing to devlog only with enable_DLOG=1
> [snip]
> For all other debug messages with log levels less than 3 it is just a
> few IF conditions .. do you think this few if conditions can reduce the
> performance? Are there so many calls to devLog() in Typo3 Core with
> enable_DLOG=1?

I would really avoid turning on enable_DLOG on a live site. If you have
looked inside the extension and found the devlog calls, I would suggest
that you temporarily exchange the if (enable_DLOG) tests by if (true),
so that the extension logs unconditionally, and then you don't get the
output of the rest of the core + other extensions.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter