[TYPO3-english] captcha and increasing spam

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 31 11:30:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 31-3-2011 10:16, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Katja Lampela wrote:
>> Lately I've noticed considerable increasing in spamming through forms
>> with captcha extension enabled. Anyone else or recommendations?
>
> I noticed that some of this spam comes now from manual submissing by
> live humans. This was the reason I switched my blog to a premoderation
> of all comments.

True. Some time ago I searched for a solution for a (non-TYPO3)
guestbook with a captcha. I first tried the honeypot project and only
logged what it wanted to block. No false positives, so I replaced the
captcha with the honeypot and there was still spam. The combination of
the honeypot blacklist (httpbl.org) and a captcha reduced form spam to
very close to zero.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.