[TYPO3-english] Typolink with whole template inside

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Wed Mar 30 22:58:49 CEST 2011

Hey Enrique.

If I get you right, you want to do something that is quite easy with TYPO3 but prbably produces invalid HTML.

I think you want to do something like that:
> ## copy from introduction package:
> page = PAGE
> page.10 = TEMPLATE
> ## extended by typolink:
> page.10.stdWrap.typolink.parameter = http://www.netlogix.de

TYPO3 will produce the whole page template wrapped with the link tag.

But I think the result will prbably be invalid. Imagine the following:

The TEMPLATE might results somethin like:

The stdWrap I mentioned some lines above will lead to this:

This is obviously invalid because of two reasons:
* There are two A-tags nested: the outer links to http://www.netlogix.de, the inner one links to /home.html.
* The result nests a HTML block element (UL) into a HTML inline element (A).

I prepared two links to demonstrate the two different problems:

http://www.g4n.de/index.php?id=73
This link does exactly what i described above: It is just an intrudiction package (I just installed it two minutes ago) extended by "page.10.stdWrap.typolink.parameter = http://www.netlogix.de" only on page 73.

http://www.g4n.de/a-nesting.html
This isn't generated by TYPO3 but a plain html file. Putting it through an HTML validator reveals the problem:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.g4n.de%2Fa-nesting.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt