[TYPO3-english] Session data

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 30 14:16:03 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 30-3-2011 11:39, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Tomiţă MILITARU wrote:
>> I'm using extension sr_feuser_register with TYPO3 4.2.10 and I want to
>> save
>> some data in a session to have it available on other pages. My
>> approach was:
>> $sessionData['key'] = value
>>
>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->setKey('ses', 'sr_feuser_register',
>> $sessionData);
>> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->storeSessionData();

> Is the user logged in? storeSessionData() stores data only if the user
> is logged in. No user – no session data.

According to the chapter in TSRef [1] (and the TYPO3 source code) 'ses'
refers to session data and is bound to a browser session. 'user' refers
to user data and is bound to a fe_user record.
The call to storeSessionData() saves both session and user data.

[1] http://goo.gl/rEg0h

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.