[TYPO3-english] upgrading 4.2 -> 4.5 generates Broken Rootline error

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Tue Mar 29 23:12:52 CEST 2011

Hey,

> I am upgrading a typo3 site from 4.2->4.5 and after going through the upgrade wizard all pages have an upside down/ backwards typo3 logo with the following error:

I've just finished.

> The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root!

and I had the same error.

The problem was, that I updated an extension, which added a field to
pages table, but I forgot to update database. So TCA had this field in
list, but it was missing in the database.

Make sure to compare database in install tool and properly update all
extensions you've updated.

Jan