[TYPO3-english] Custom CSS Class in BE

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 29 21:54:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I am not sure if I just can't see it or it's just not there: the
> possibility to add a custom class field to all content elements in the
> BE (classic mode)?

It's not there.

> I know it could be done with the layout field and some TS

That's how I do it, with the section_frame field and some TS.

>, but it would
> be much easier to have a text box where you can write your class and
> that's it (as seen in powermail e.g.).

Maybe it's too dangerous (for the site's design), if anyone can add a
custom class.

> I also couldn't find an extension that does it.

Well, it's not really difficult to achieve, so maybe that's why nobody
packaged it as an extension. You could do your own extension, add the
field to the tt_content table and add some TS that takes the field's
value into consideration, but nothing worth publishing IMO.

HTH

--

Francois Suter