[TYPO3-english] Geolocalized news

Sergio naguib.mahfuz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:23:28 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I just want to extend tt_news extension adding two fields for every news
item: position X and position Y. The idea is to create a new plugin type
(for example,  GEOLOCALIZED LIST instead LIST) and represent news items on a
map. Depending on these fields values, news item will be represented on a
certain zone in the map.

I'm beginning to create a new extension, but I don't know if there is an
easy way to achieve this. Is there an extension that does this behaviour?
What would the steps to represent the news items in the map?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio