[TYPO3-english] ExtJS question about resizing components

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Mar 28 18:05:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 28.03.2011 17:22, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi,
>
>> normally this advice shouldn't be given :)
>> Take a look here:
>> http://tdg-i.com/392/ext-js-screencast-the-dangers-of-ext-getcmp
>>
>> You should always get the reference by simply use the ownerCt property,
>> check it out in console first and explore.
>
> Interesting.
>
> I guess my case is exactly one where getCmp() is my only hope. The whole
> form is built in HTML (using a Fluid template) and ExtJS actions are
> applied to it afterwards. I suppose this is not the right way to do an
> ExtJS application, but it' what matched my current skills with Extbase,
> Fluid and ExtJS :-)

i don't say that it's wrong. Using id's should be always used with care.
And id's inside ExtJS application should be avoided to prevent double
id's in html if a component is used more than one time (and id takes
away this flexibility).

So you can use it if you have this in mind, and that's why i said -
don't advise it if there are other ways to do like componentId or ref ;)

vg Steffen